Porta Putignano is the entrance which leads to the heart of the historic centre or Piazza Plebiscito, passing in front of the Palazzo della Corte. The palace, built at the behest of the mayor, Giulio Cesare Cassano in 1595 as the seat of the court of Justice and of the theatre, was for a long time the main public building for the community. The theatre, after a rich artistic period, was demolished to make space for the construction of the Clock Tower, another important symbol of the town. Today what is left of the old theatre are the stalls inside, which are used as a hall for various cultural events.
Piazza Plebiscito, noci