Near Cappelletti Square, in via Orfanelli, there is the Little Hospital also called Cappellari House, which was built in 1730. The place takes its name from the fact that it took in poor people and orphans. In fact it had a wheel to the left of the entrance, to accept abandoned children. Inside, there are 13 cells arranged in a circle around an open courtyard. A staircase to the right of the entrance leads to the gallery on the first floor. In fact the cells were small rooms each of which had a fireplace and were used to put up entire families and guarantee them the minimum in living requirements.
Via Orfanelli 19, Martina Franca